Left Advt Placeholder
OPAL Confidentiality Policy
OPAL (Oman Society for Petroleum Services)
OPAL, due to the nature of its activities, has access to confidential information belonging to its members. Recognising the privileged nature of its position, OPAL makes the following undertaking:
1. It will never knowingly release any Proprietary or Confidential data about its members to anyone, including other members.
2. All Proprietary and Confidential information, whether electronic or paper-based will be held securely. Access to the information will be through OPAL employees only.
3. The restrictions referred to above shall not apply to any Proprietary and Confidential information disclosed to a party to the extent that such information:-
- (a) is already known to the party to whom it is disclosed; or
- (b) is in or comes into the public domain otherwise than as a result of any breach of this Agreement; or
- (c) is independently developed by the party to whom it is disclosed;
- (d) is expressly stated by the disclosing party not to be subject to the obligation of confidentiality.
4. When there is no further use for company information gathered in the coruse of OPAL’s duties, it will either be destroyed or returned to the owners of the information.
5. No information released by OPAL in the course of its duties will be traceable to individual member companies unless so agreed by that company.
6. Any member may, at any time, request the return of any or all documents in OPAL’s possession including any copies thereof (including, without limitation, written or printed copies or copies recorded on any electronic media) containing any Proprietary and Confidential information of the requesting party.
7. Nothing herein shall restrict either party from disclosing any Proprietary and Confidential information pursuant to a judicial or other lawful government order, but only to the extent of such order or as may be mutually agreed.